Seedstock 2nd Annual Sustainable Agriculture Innovation Conference Nears Discounted Registration Deadline
August 26, 2013 | seedstock
LOS ANGELES, CA — News Release — Only one week remains to obtain discounted registration for the 2nd Annual Seedstock Sustainable Agriculture Innovation Conference – Farming: Fundamentals and the Future to be held Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 5-6, 2013.
The first day of the event offers a Sustainable Farm Field Trip that includes tours of urban agriculture operations, large-scale hydroponic and field farms, and will give participants a unique opportunity to closely examine successful sustainable farming in Southern California.
Day 2 convenes at the UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles for a series of panels including:
– Growers Embracing Innovative Business Models – a look at how local growers use unique on-farm practices, digital technology and new business models to get more produce in the hands of local buyers;
– Economically Viable Urban Agriculture – an examination of the role urban agriculture will play in increasing food security and meeting demand for local food in the marketplace;
– Sourcing Local and Sustainable Agriculture – a discussion with retail buyers, wholesalers, chefs et al. focusing on the philosophy behind their purchasing decisions, how to enter their supply chains and potential solutions to increase their purchases of locally grown food;
– Distributing Sustainable Agriculture – an investigation of local/sustainable/organic food distribution models that explores current marketplace demand, the different roles that various distribution entities play in supporting sustainable farmers and increasing local food in the marketplace, the challenges of working with small farmers and potential solutions to increase their presence in the supply chain; and
– Investment in Farms and Ag Innovation – an examination of the various investment routes (e.g., venture capital, social financing, kickstarter, USDA loans and grants) available to startup entrepreneurs and new farmers to assist them in launching their operations.
The deadline to purchase tickets at the “early bird” price ends Saturday, Aug. 31. For additional information pertaining to the event, ticket prices, program speakers, and registration, please visit http://seedstockannual.eventbrite.com.
Seedstock is a social venture focused on innovation and sustainability in agriculture. Through the use of a variety of tools, including the news and information blog Seedstock (Seedstock.com) and live events, the company promotes agricultural startup companies, university research, urban agriculture initiatives, and farmers employing innovative new techniques and approaches.