Startup Profile: GrowSafe Systems – Livestock Monitoring Technology
February 24, 2011 | Robert Puro
GrowSafe Systems Ltd. develops livestock feed intake and behavior monitoring technology. GrowSafe was the first company to RFID tag production livestock in 1990. Currently, more than 55 major Agricultural Research Centers and premium seedstock centers worldwide use GrowSafe Feed Intake and Behavior Monitoring technology to conduct livestock research and to measure feed efficiency.
The company also produces an in pen data acquisition system for the feedlot under the name GrowSafe Beef (GSB). The primary focus of GSB is to increase profitability through better decision making including optimal marketing strategies and early sickness identification and responsive treatment protocols that ensure animal health and well-being. A secondary focus is to enable genetic selection through accurate collection of individual animal performance in a production environment based on a defined market endpoint. GSB is currently available under beta release.
GrowSafe Feed Intake and Behavior Monitoring Technology
GrowSafe Beef Feedlot Technology
How it works
GrowSafe’s systems automatically measure biometric and environmental inputs in livestock production environments, continuously monitoring individual animal health and performance status. Predictive ‘thinking’ algorithms identify sick and market ready animals triggering mechanisms that visually identify and treat without human intervention. Growsafe’s patented technology allows producers in real-time to enhance animal well-being and product safety; reduce labor, maximize profits, mitigate risks; and minimize environmental impact through feed efficient strategies, which reduce manure and methane.
GrowSafe product innovation includes:
- Feed intake data acquisition systems.
- Animal behavior monitoring systems.
- Pasture supplement feeding system.
- Cannulated pH data logging systems.
- Advanced software and database solutions.
GrowSafe offers its customers:
- Over twenty years of unique RFID development experience.
- Diverse software programming expertise over many platforms.
- High speed data acquisition technology development and large dataset analysis.
- Fully equipped testing company with instrumentation for field and onsite projects.
- Short run advanced technology manufacturing capability.
SOURCE – GrowSafe Systems Website